Ganden Samye Trekking
In the morning visit Potala, which was originally constructed in 637 by Songtsen Gampo, the first king of the united Tibet, and later expanded and served as the winter residence
Day 01: Flight Kathmandu/Chengdu-Lhasa
In the early morning transfer to airport and fly to Tibet, upon arrival at Gonggar Airport, pick up and transfer to Lhasa(3650 m) with about 1 1/2 hours driving (100km), in the afternoon rest and acclimatize.
Day 02: LhasaIn the afternoon visit Jokhang temple, the center of the Tibetan Buddhism and the sacred land of Buddhist followers where innumerable pilgrims come for worship everyday. The temple, built in 647, is the earliest wood-and-masonry structure still existing in Tibet. Surrounding the Jokhang Temple is the bustling Barkhor Market place which is the religious and social focus of Lhasa.
Day 03: LhasaIn the morning visit Drepung monastery the sacred land of Gelukpa sect., which was created in 1416 and the second, third and fourth Dalai Lama once resided in. In the afternoon visit Sera monastery, which was created in 1419 and has always been an important Buddhist seminary. As rose are planted everywhere in the monastery,still 200 lamas live in there.
Day 04: Drive Lhasa-Gandan
Drive to Gandan monastery, 45 km from Lhasa. Gandan was founded in 1409 by Tsongkapa, Gandan was the first and foremost Gelukpamonastery, constructed by Tsongkhapa himself.
Day 05: Gandan – Samye trekking (Camping )
Day 06: Gandan – Samye trekking (Camping )
Day 07: Gandan – Samye trekking (Camping )
Day 08: Gandan – Samye trekking Camping
Day 09: Arrival at Samye monastery – Tsedang
Visit Samye monastery, then drive to Tsedang, in the afternoon visit Yongbulahlang Palace.
Day 10: Drive Tsedang – Chengdu/Kathmandu.In the early morning transfer to airport and fly back to Chengdu.
- Nights at hotel and guest houses including breakfast
- Travel-licensed vehicle according to group size & season as itinerary needed including gas and parking fee
- Free Lhasa Railway Station transfer at all time on the first day
- Free pick-up from airport to hotel at 10:00 am, 14:00 pm and 17:00 pm on the first day
- Guide: experienced local English-speaking tour guide
- Attractions: all entrance fee mentioned in itinerary
- Permit: Tibet Tourism Bureau Permit (TTB); Alien's Travel Permit(PSB) to be applied in Shigatse with your original passport which takes abt 30mins
- Travel Agency Liability insurance
- Government Tax
- Express delivery fee of Permit (eg. SF. Express)
- Food & lodgings for guide & driver
- Oxygen tank for emergency use
- Two bottles of mineral water per person per
- International flight to and out of China
- Domestic flight/train to and out of Lhasa; (We’d like to book the domestic flight/train ticket at the BEST price. )
- Lunch & Dinner are not included but we will recommend some good ones for you according to your requirements. Usually, it takes 3-10 USD per person for each meal
- While Gratuities for guide and driver is NOT mandatory, it is expected. Based on their service, you can tip them on the last day of the tour. Each of you is suggested to tip them 5-10 USD/day in total
- All the commission and tax charged by PayPal, Bank, and government when making payment. (e.g. PayPal --- 4.2%. Wire transfer --- 7%)
- Personal expenses
- Anything not mentioned in the Inclusions
- water Bottle
No fixed departures.